November 9, 2017
Broad Assortment Includes Unique Items like Disney® Tsum Tsum for Pets; Holiday Pet PJs, Perfect for
Christmas Morning Photo; Santa Claus Costumes; Ugly Sweaters and Winter Accessories like Scarves
and Cozy Hats; Classic and Food-Themed Pet Toys; Holiday Cookie Treats and More!
PHOENIX – Nov. 9, 2017 – The National Retail Federation estimates as much as a four percent increase in holiday spending this year over last year and a recent survey from research firm NPD Group reveals that shoppers are expecting to shop earlier for holiday gifts. PetSmart is well prepared with a robust Holiday Collection in stores now, featuring everything a pet parent might want to bring their pets into the festive spirit of the holiday season.
“The holiday season from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Eve is full of celebrations and rich traditions for all of us – including our pets,” said Eran Cohen, chief customer experience officer, PetSmart. “Our Holiday Collection has all the goods to bring our pets into the celebration of the season. From gifting our pets with stocking stuffers or items under the tree, styling them with a classic winter scarf, reindeer antler headband or Santa costume for the perfect family photo, or treating them to a new holiday-themed bed, a Doggie Day Camp play-date or a spaw-like grooming service, PetSmart is here to serve the needs of pet parents this holiday season.”
This Seasons Top Pet Gifts:
- Toys make the classic holiday gift! Disney® “Tsum Tsum” is at PetSmart this holiday season. This popular plush human toy is now available for the first time for pets. These lovable characters – including Eeyore, Stitch, Mickey Mouse and Tigger – come in a variety of sizes and are complete with squeakers to enhance pet engagement. They make a great pet stocking stuffer! Food-themed pet toys have been a key trend all year and are also popular for the holiday season, including this fast-food holiday four-pack.
- Tech gadgets are always a crowd pleaser. An exclusive at PetSmart, the pet tech Goat Wireless Bluetooth Speakers make a great gift for pets and their humans. These tiny speakers come in four pet-themed shapes, like this spotted dog, and are easy to use. They include a Bluetooth connect, stream music, and include a built-in microphone, selfie remote button, LED light and instructions for an easy app download. The speaker securely clips to any collar, leash or pet-parent.
- Pet treats are the perfect holiday indulgence. The PetSmart treat assortment ranges from savory to sweet, including this holiday snack trayfeaturing cheese, sausage, sweet potato crackers and cranberries, the giant turkey leg chew and the Simply Nourish Turkey Day entrée. Sweet treats include the frosted dog biscuit Ho Ho Ho cookies and the holiday cookie assortment package with delectable peppermint cookie dog treats that look so good people might even take a bite.
- New collar classics. A festive holiday collar is a great pet gift for the holiday season. This collar features a jingle bell so pets can create a delightful jingle as they prance and play. This ED Ellen DeGeneres collar features a chic checkered design with a pop of red.
- A new holiday-themed pet bed is the perfect gift for your pet and you! Choose from a festive cuddler style featuring a colorful string of lights or this unique and cozy ski lodge pup-tent bed from the ED Ellen DeGeneres exclusive-to-PetSmart collection
- Fun apparel and décor includes these “Santa’s Little Yelper” PJs and this festive elf sweater. The fun doesn’t stop at cats and dogs. PetSmart has more than half a dozen offerings for guinea pigs, including an elf costumeor reindeer sweater. For our friends with fins, choose from a variety of festive tank ornaments for your fish like a snorkeling Santa. Fish make great first pets, too!
Gifts that Give Back
Continuing the tradition, PetSmart offers holiday products that give back to pets in need. Items in the Holiday Philanthropic Collection include seven classic collectible plush toys, Chance, Lucky & Friends, as well as 12 pet-themed throws with sayings like “I Wine, She Whines” and “Drinking Buddies.” Also included are gift cards that give back. PetSmart will donate 10 percent of the proceeds from the sales of these items to PetSmart Charities to help pets in need. Last year, this program raised $585,000 for the nonprofit organization, and local stores conducted toy drives with the plush toy collecting more than a million toys to give to children in need in the local area. This toy drive effort continues this holiday season.
When you buy a bag of dog or cat food through Dec. 31, 2017, PetSmart will give a meal to a pet in need. PetSmart launched the Buy a Bag, Give a Mealprogram in celebration of its 30th anniversary in March of this year, and expects 60 million meals donated under this program – the biggest philanthropic campaign in its 30-year history.
Styling Solutions & Services
Help get your pup photo-ready with a haircut, blow-out, nail trim and bath with pampering “spaw” treatments featuring great-smelling products like CHI for pets. Many grooming services also include a festive bandana featuring reindeers, classic plaid and snowflake designs. Apparel and accessories to perfectly style your pet for the holidays include the reindeer antler headband, Santa Claus hoodie costume, a wintery polar bear sweater from the exclusive ED Ellen DeGeneres Collection, a classic scarf, hats including the sock monkeyor buffalo plaid treatment, Santa bearded hat, and this small animal hat costume, perfect for Guinea Pigs and other small four-legged family members.
Photo Ops with Santa
Bring out the entire family, and of course the well styled four-legged family members, for a festive holiday photo with Santa Claus. PetSmart is offering two photo op weekends and will have Santa on hand for photos at all stores Dec. 9-10 & Dec. 16-17, noon – 4 p.m. local time.
For more details on the PetSmart holiday collection, check it out at the PetSmart Gift Guide.
PetSmart, Inc. is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. At PetSmart, we love pets, and we believe pets make us better people. Every day with every connection, PetSmart’s passionate associates help bring pet parents closer to their pets so they, together, can live more fulfilled lives. This vision impacts everything we do for our customers, the way we support our associates and how we give back to our communities. We employ approximately 55,000 associates, operate more than 1,500 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as more than 200 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and products, as well as pet-focused services such as dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart® Doggie Day Camp® and pet adoption. PetSmart, together with non-profits PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities™ of Canada, invite more than 3,000 animal welfare organizations to bring adoptable pets into stores so they have the best chance possible of finding a forever home. Through this in-store adoption program and other signature events, PetSmart has facilitated more than 7.4 million adoptions – more than any other brick-and-mortar organization. The company’s portfolio of digital resources for pet parents includes PetSmart.com, petMD.com, Pawculture.com, AllPaws, an online pet adoption platform that helps potential pet parents find the perfect pet to adopt based on their home, family and lifestyle, as well as BlogPaws, the world’s first pet blogger and influencer network. Through these digital platforms, PetSmart offers the most comprehensive online pet supplies and pet care information in the U.S. In celebration of its 30th anniversary, PetSmart launched its Buy a Bag, Give a Meal™ program in March 2017. For every bag of cat or dog food purchased March 1 – Dec. 31, 2017, PetSmart will donate a meal to pets in need and expects to donate more than 60 million meals in 2017*. In May 2017, PetSmart acquired Chewy.com, a leading online retailer of pet food and products in the U.S., which operates as an independent subsidiary.
Find PetSmart on Facebook: www.facebook.com/PetSmart
See PetSmart on Instagram: @PetSmart
Follow PetSmart on Twitter: @PetSmart
See PetSmart on YouTube: www.YouTube.com/PetSmart
Turn your passion for pets into a career you’ll love!
Visit careers.petsmart.com to learn more about corporate, retail store and Distribution Center opportunities.
*Ends 12/31/17. 5 oz. dog food, 1.5 oz. cat food donated to PetSmart Charities to feed dogs and cats in need. See details at petsmart.com/giveameal. The actual number of meals donated is based on dog and cat food bags sold. The meal donation estimate is based on historic sales for similar time periods. No guaranteed amount. Rescue Bank and Feeding America will help distribute a large portion of the pet food donation in the U.S., while four large animal welfare agencies will distribute it in Canada.
Golin for PetSmart
PetSmart Media Line: 623-587-2177