PHOENIX (June 1, 2022) — PetSmart will do Anything for Pets, including making sure they have the best summer ever. June 11-12 and 18-19, PetSmart is inviting pets and their parents to in-store “Summer Demo Days” to explore new products and gear made specifically with summer fun and safety in mind.
From road trips and boat rides to lounging in the sun, pet parents have questions about what gear, accessories, toys and safety supplies they need to ensure their pets can join in the fun. “Summer Demo Days” are a chance for pet parents to get expert advice from knowledgeable associates who will provide one-on-one consultations to answer questions and identify the right products needed for summer activities. This includes everything from harnesses, carriers and lifejackets to sunscreen, flea and tick prevention and more.
Appointments are required for the free event. Pet parents will receive free samples and a 20 percent off coupon toward their day-of in-store purchase while supplies last. Learn more and schedule a one-on-one meeting with a PetSmart associate by visiting Petsmart.com/SummerDemoDays.
Summer Fun Tips
There are so many activities that can be done with pets during the summer months. PetSmart experts offer these tips to make the most out of the season with your pet:
- Beat the heat! Invest in cooling products like this Self-Cooling Pet Pad and Fresh Pawz Cooling Bandanas that can help keep your pet comfortable during the dog days of summer. The Arcadia TrailTM Year-Round All Terrain Dog Boots can also help protect your pup’s sensitive paws from the hot pavement while on walks.
- Apply sunscreen when outdoors. Dogs can get sunburned too! Apply pet-safe sunscreen like the Banana Boat Sun Protector Spray and take regular breaks in the shade.
- Keep bugs at bay. Keep pesky fleas and ticks away by ensuring pets are up to date on all medications or are wearing proper prevention collars. It’s also important to have your dog on a heartworm preventative year-round, but especially in the summer, as this disease is transmitted by mosquitos, which are more active during the warmer months.
- Stay safe when in water. If your summer plans with your pet include water, always be sure your pup has a life jacket like the Arcadia Trail High Visibility Life Jacket. This is especially important if you plan on taking your pet far into a body of water while boating, canoeing or kayaking.
- Ensure your pet is hydrated. Make sure to bring a pet-friendly water bottle like the Arcadia Trail 2-in-1 Water Bottle or Arcadia Trail Collapsible Travel Bowl and take plenty of breaks so both you and your furry friend can hydrate.
- Secure pets safely in the car. Many families bring pets along for their summer road trips. For everyone’s safety, it’s best not to let pets roam freely or sit on your lap. Cats and small dogs should be in carriers, like this Pet Gear Car Seat Pet Carrier, which helps to keep them comfortable and safe.
- Get coats summer-ready. Keeping your pet well-groomed can help them stay cool and keep debris out of their coat. Try a simple cut or even a full deshedding and FURminator treatment from a salon at PetSmart.
PetSmart LLC is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. At PetSmart, we love pets and we believe pets make us better people. Every day with every connection, PetSmart’s passionate associates help bring pet parents closer to their pets so together they can live more fulfilled lives. This vision impacts everything we do for our customers, the way we support our associates and how we give back to our communities.
PetSmart operates approximately 1,660 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as more than 200 in-store PetSmart PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. The retailer provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and products as well as services such as dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp™ and pet adoption.
PetSmart, PetSmart Charities® and PetSmart Charities® of Canada work with nearly 4,000 animal welfare organizations to bring adoptable pets into stores so they have the best chance possible of finding a forever home.
Through this in-store adoption program and other signature events, PetSmart has facilitated 10 million adoptions, more than any other brick-and-mortar organization.
Carmichael Lynch Relate for PetSmart